Sister Walker in Taitung

Sister Walker in Taitung

Monday, March 23, 2015

BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH

well, i was really excited from last week, and we had a really successful last week. and then boom.

recent update. 

i have been sick. sadly. but thank goodness the first time on my mission. also not so thank goodness, because i didn't know how to handle it at all.

symptoms: chills, aches, headache, gross coughing, out of it-ness, tired, lack of appetite

you know just like a cold or whatever. but by wednesday night at english class i had promised my english students that i would go see a doctor. and guess what, after the doctor took my blood and looked at my throat, do you know what he said? yup, you have a cold. lets get you some medicine to go eat.....


and i was just like ok. 

so i have been drinking water, and resting for dayyysss. so not much to report on. other than, i was so very grateful for so many things!
1. awesome members who brought us healthy food because i couldn't go out, and sister tate couldn't leave me
2. driving us to church sacrament meeting and back
3. temple sisters came on exchanges so that sister tate didn't have to stay all cooped up with me, and sister su took really good care of me (:
4. the great talks at church! they were like the best ones ever (please go read Moroni 7) 
5. the opportunity to ponder. for days. i really think it was some great time for reflection.

oh man, so much juice for dayyyyys................haha


While the fever was burning and i was laying on my bed immobile. I really felt like Alma the Younger or something, and now i am going to be a completely new person! i know this next week is just going to be really really really great. (:(:

Really wish I could have had my mommy to take care of me, but the members are so sweet and looked up on the internet about chicken noodle soup when you are sick.....


but anyways, there was this week. we did see some great miracles! and somehow we got lessons and set ups...... set up for next week (: exciting!!! can't wait for what this week holds (:(:

Also, one last thing from that awesome talk on sunday.... it was this guy and he was like, my favorite scripture is 1 Nephi 11:2.... the spirit asks....."Nephi, what do you want?"

And we can all think about that question. in anything we do. what do you want? and do then act accordingly..... or figure out what we want of a situation or experience etc. 


LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please don't get sick. it isn't fun (: but if you have to just lay there, its ok, you can secretly watch "a bugs life" in your mind (:(: haha i may or may not have!

LOVE, SISTER WALKER (:


my dearest mommy, i love you so much (:(: and i guess you will get my other letter and see how my week went this week.... not so good :( sick, and i missed you the most ever. but it is so great because the temple sister sister su is just like my mommy on my mission (:(: she came and saved and helped me with sister price and she came again (:(: she cleaned our whole apartment... made me food, helped me sleep, gave me medicine and everything (: she just made it more like home (: attached are pictures of her (:(: she is the greatest, even though we have never been companions, she is really close to me and we always feel comfortable around each other (:

it is not getting hot yet, last week the weather was really beautiful, but it was not the norm! haha, it is back to rain and cold now (:(: haha! so crazy how different it is for calla......

and you can safely assume it is always humid yes (:(: haha








1 comment:

  1. Poor Sister Walker, glad she is doing better. I agree on the foreign doctors...

    ReplyDelete