Sister Walker in Taitung

Sister Walker in Taitung

Saturday, August 22, 2015

AND FOR 2 DAYS I WAS SISTER WRIGHT

EXPLANATION: So because we live really far away from the mission home/office... when transfers come.... only the people being transferred go up to transfer meeting..... so i got to go up to YULI and stay with sister wright for a few days until our companions came down.... and i totally forgot my tag!!!!!!!!!! this is like the first time it has ever happened!!! and on the day where i just can't go home.... :( haha, any ways so i wore sister wright's english tag and told everyone my chinese name and she wore her chinese tag..... and told everyone her chinese name (:(: so it worked out... haha!! just a funny little experience (: haha


anyway........
MY NEW COMPANION IS: SISTER KOMATSU



ISN'T SHE JUST THE CUTEST THING EVER????
No, she is not taiwanese... she is HAWAIIAN. but she is japanese.... if that makes sense (: haha


I LOVE TAIDONG!!!!!!!!!
​I LOVE BEING IN THIS AREA, and I know that God calls us to specific places. Recently I have been thinking about missions, and how everyone's is so different, and how amazing missionaries we have here. And I was thinking, that as I approach the end of my mission, a lot of people, talking about the future will say that I will be a sister training leader, etc. And I think that while that would be fun, and a great growing experience. I know that Heavenly Father is in charge and I am meant to be wherever I am meant to be. And with who I am meant to be with too. I think about when I was a younger missionary... who my companions were amazing, and they definitely could have been sister training leaders, etc. but they weren't they were my companion and I am so grateful they were! And I was thinking about how much our companions need us! We get to help them more personally. I am just so happy to be here sharing the gospel whatever place the Lord has put me, or position. I think that that took me a while to understand in my mind. But I thought that I would share (:


Another thing that was a big confirmation for me to follow the spirit is that we were riding along and we passed by these white people with backpacks... and we said hi and then we went to go visit our RC and then she ended up not being home so we were riding to our next place and passed by them again.... and said hi again. And then after we passed by I just had this feeling, like you need to go back. And I literally let out a sigh. I usually don't like talking to white people because english is hard. Sometimes, I am just not very good. haha, And so my companion came over and I was like, do you think they need help? and she said I don't know. And so then we had to go back, and follow the spirit. And it turns out they were lost, and didn't speak chinese, and it was hot and no one else could help them.... except for someone who could speak english, and chinese, and we were able to help them find the bread and breakfast place they were staying at. They were from germany and hadn't even heard of us or the church before! So cool, we got to give them an english tract... another miracle that we even had one! And it was something small. But something that was just like, that I know that I can trust the spirit, and when it comes again, it gets easier and easier to recognize. Doesn't mean that it is easier to follow. But I hope that I can continue! I want to be captained by christ... In my personal study I was able to write down all the weaknesses, and things that I want to change, and I am going to work hard and trust that God will help those things to become  strengths! I am excited. 

I love you all!!! I hope you continue to follow the spirit.

RECENTLY I HAVE A GOAL TO BE RIGHTEOUSLY IMPULSIVE. haha, it has been working out well so far, we have been seeing a lot more opportunities to serve and teach and meet people. I GUESS YOU COULD ALSO CALL THAT COMPLETELY OBEDIENT TO EVEN THE SMALLEST WHISPER OF THE SPIRIT. haha

it is very exciting, i hope that i make this a good habit. 

you will be happy and surprised to see the miracles. that otherwise you would just walk past. and never even know.

LOVE SISTER WALKER


my new companion is sister komatsu!! she is from hawaii! she is japanese.. but she doesn't speak japanese... just english and now chinese! she has been in taiwan for only about 4 months!! newbie!!! she is so sweet! haha, when the people see her name some people just start speaking in japanese to her, haha, and she just has to explain the whole story haha....... this is our first picture together... it was after a long day of travel and weekly planning session... and we realized we hadn't taken one.... so here it is. haha yes, we were pretty tired.


this is me and our cute neighbor... she is so old. and so cute. and she can't hear... but she is the joy of the neighborhood for us at least (:(:

​and i totally agree with what you said about learning things and growing and having new companions is just the best. haha!so fun (: i know that we are going to have a great time together! and we have been together for approx. 3 days!! yay! so i think so far its been a good start (: before she was in the middle of taipei.... their area is so small because it is the 2nd most consentrated area in the world!!!!!!! wow!!!! so being here is a little different for her (:

yes! i have been in the area for 7 weeks, one transfer... because of the weird transfer thing where the mission president came in... so i got one more week to prep myself! haha (: but it was so sweet... sister giles had been here for a while and before she left she just said that she had no concerns. she knew that i would take good care of everyone (:(: it was so sweet. (: i will miss her, but what is so cool, is that we can see each other again! its not the end! haha

ya, so our aboriginal clothes was done with sister lin,.... she is a less active that we are working with..... recently she has been coming to church tho (:

oh thanks for the reeses, i am so excited (: haha and some day... those packages will get home... maybe... haha


wow! everyone looks so exhausted!!! keep up the good work everybody!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! preston!!! wow andrew! that is so exciting. wow. wow. make sure to let me know what happens!

yay for leo club (:(: that is so fun!! haha, yay for being involved! i hope i can go stop by renaissance before i head back to school... i don't know if we will have time.. haha (: but i want to see everyone and talk to mr li!!! haha (: i know he will be so happy (:

love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(: keep on being an awesome family. familes are the best. recently i have been reading the liahona for the last conference  (:so good! and all about families!! yaya!!!!!!!!!!!

love, sister walker (:


No comments:

Post a Comment